Tech Tidbit | Long-Life Product Program
NVIDIA RTX™ products have always benefitted from NVIDIA’s carefully controlled and implemented design, build and test criteria, extended product availability, and fully documented lifecycle notifications. The new Long-Life Product Program (LLP) takes NVIDIA’s and PNY’s joint professional graphics customer commitment to the next level by offering product availability for approximately eight years, starting from product launch, for select mission-critical NVIDIA RTX products deployed across enterprises or embedded in customer solutions.
Five additional years of critical security updates and bug fixes, plus five years of extended hardware availability, add up to peace of mind – for customers ranging from end-users to IT professionals and systems integrators or OEMs.
LONG-LIFE PRODUCT BENEFITS
NVIDIA Ampere Long-Life products (LLP) will be available for approximately 8 years after launch. For long-term deployments and design commitments this can be a decisive advantage.
LLP customers will receive critical driver security updates, and urgent bug fixes, for the life of the product.
LLP customers will receive hardware warranty support for 3 years after the last shipment of the product.
PRODUCTS ENROLLED IN THE LLP ARE SUBJECT TO:
IF THE LAST SUPPORTED MEMORY GOES EOL, CUSTOMERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A BLANKET PO TO RESERVE MEMORY AND OTHER CRITICAL COMPONENTS THAT ARE OR WILL BE GOING EOL TO SUPPORT THEIR REMAINING LIFETIME DEMAND
NVIDIA RESPONSIBILITY FOR LONG-LIFE PRODUCTS
- NVIDIA ensures the availability of products for agreed lifetime forecast
- Secure GPU availability for lifetime quantity
- Purchase memory for lifetime of product
- Purchase any other key components to ensure availability
- No significant hardware change which requires a PCN
- Component yield loss
- Component storage fees
- Component management and overhead
- Memory re-bake when required
- Perform tests required prior to board builds to ensure components meet required quality
- Continued 3-year Warranty starting from date of shipment
- Keeping the manufacturing lines and test equipment available
- Software driver maintenance
- Any other necessary items required to ensure availability